Content delivery networks (CDNs) are a must-have for any business looking to deliver digital video to a large audience. Why? Because when it comes to an engaging playback experience, it’s all about the distance between the video file and the consumer. Time is not only of the essence, it’s also the enemy: Every additional second of delivery time brings more potential for signal interruptions, latency issues, and buffering, all of which are contrary to a great playback experience. The reasoning behind a CDN deployment is simple: the more that a content provider can shorten the distance that a file must travel, the less time it takes to make it to the screen.
As consumer expectations for the quality, reliability, and speed of online media grow, smart delivery strategies must evolve to keep pace. The popularity of streaming video, online gaming, and large media downloads mean Content Delivery Networks are critical to success – and the right CDN strategy can widen delivery footprints and help securely meet consumer demands.
Delight your audience, protect your experience
When your content is delivered through the Comcast CDN, you take advantage of the very same capabilities that power Comcast’s entire X1 experience. Our broad distribution of caches in the largest metro areas provides multiple network paths to mitigate congestion, a tiered architecture to ensure efficiency, and full support for live and on- demand content across any device, anywhere. You can confidently present an extraordinary experience to your audience, and keep your focus on making great.
How is the Comcast CDN different?
- Purpose-built for broadcast-quality media delivery at any scale.
- Allows for seamless integration with your existing publishing and delivery workflows.
- Powers your multi-CDN strategy with dynamic traffic steering and a CDN-agnostic origin.
- 150+ widely spread PoPs providing pervasive, fast, diversified delivery to viewers.
- Secure, open-source technologies eliminate the risk of being locked into a proprietary solution.
- Enables emerging over-the-top trends, such as HDR and UHD/4K video.
Robust network built for media distribution
Comcast CDN offers full support for all forms of HTTP-based media and enables a seamless experience across any device. It is comprised of:
- 150+ physical cache locations
- 18 network interconnect locations
- Direct interconnects to over 250 global networks
- Delivers peak traffic of more than 3.5 Tbps each day
Delivery at broadcast quality without sacrificing download speed
Leverage Comcast’s multi-CDN fabric to deliver your broadcast quality content over the Comcast CDN and other pure-play CDNs using DLVR multi-CDN Routing technology. Your media will be delivered at broadcast quality without sacrificing download speed. Through the application of performance-based and static business rules, the routing technology will optimize costs while reducing storage and egress costs through a single CDN-agnostic origin.
Focus & resiliency
With our Multi-CDN strategy, we will provide performance routing and management along with multiple top tier CDNs in each region.
Our Multi-CDN infrastructure consists of the top CDN providers which are tested and proven for all video streaming and distribution.
Flexible, modular and fully managed solutions
- Bring your own CDN or performance/monitoring routing and let Comcast Technology Solutions augment your solution for enhanced performance.
- Reduce operational costs and ensure quality to end consumer.
Speed of delivery
Leverage multiple CDNs and real-world data in real time to get the fastest delivery and performance.