Get your head in the TV cloud – creating opportunities for Pay TV by thinking “digital first”
The transformation of video consumption from a channel-based, linear-centric world to one that’s app-based has led to a large amount of fragmentation in the Pay-TV industry. Operators have responded to new SVOD entrants by acquiring other networks and brands in other countries, whilst juggling the launches of new services and brands. This has left many organizations with a mix of end-user brands, business models, and disparate back-office systems.
As a result, we’re now in the midst of a mass of experimentation of different models, such as virtual operators, multiscreen and super-aggregation. This is ushering in the next phase of operator digital transformations, to a world where Cloud TV is no longer just about online TV, but instead is about streamlining all these strategies.
Comcast Technology Solutions welcomes you to join this Round Table where our panel of operators and technologists will be discussing real-life experiences, and answer your questions including:
- the immediate and longer-term benefits of adopting cloud-based TV platforms
- the strategy options that open up when thinking ‘digital first’
- how to rationalize and streamline in the midst of a mass of experimentation with different models
- what does the next phase of operator digital transformation bring in a world where cloud TV is more than just online TV
Featuring these speakers:
- Pedro Bandeira, Director, Vice President Product and New business, Europe, Deutsche Telekom
- Peter Riz, CTO, OSN
- Martin Webb, Senior Product Manager, Cloud TV, Comcast Technology Solutions