The Comcast Network is powered by Comcast's IP Backbone (ASN 7922), which is designed to provide the highest levels of performance and reliability.
Download this one-sheet to learn more about standard features and interconnect locations.
Content providers, CDNs, and ISPs have demanding and exacting needs. IP Backbone Interconnect service from Comcast Technology Solutions meets those demands with a variety of routing options. Comcast’s expansive 145+ terabit per second IP backbone connects to 17 carrier-neutral facilities and 26 deep regional interconnects to ensure geographic coverage. Our extensive reach and size means we can give customers the capacity they need, when they need it.
- Tier 1 provider in the U.S.
- One of the largest N x 100GB fiber optic backbones with multiple terabits of capacity
- Serves more residential broadband subscribers than any other U.S. provider
- Dedicated 24x7x365 Network Operations Center
- Robust peering and interconnect relationships with other Tier 1 providers and global broadband networks
- Dedicated 10GigE or 100GigE ports
- 400GigE ports coming soon
- IPv4 and/or IPv6 routing
- Fully converged, self-healing network supporting voice, video and Internet traffic over IP
As Internet users continue to grow, Internet Service Providers (ISPs) have needed to adapt networks to accommodate IPv6 protocols. Comcast has been ahead of this curve since 2014, when the Comcast network was fully enabled for IPv6.